About Partners in Hope
“Let us not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions.”
1 John 3:18
Partners in Hope is an independent, collaborative ministry focused on eliminating social isolation in Central Texas. We connect neighbors in need with ongoing community support through unique partnerships with local churches, other nonprofits, and servant-hearted volunteers. Through the development of long-term relationships with our isolated neighbors, we connect them with a network of people in the community who can provide the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual help they need.
In 2021, Partners in Hope celebrated 10 years of service to the Lake Travis area. In 2022, we expanded our ministry to the Cedar Park/Leander area. Building on the strong foundation of resources and connections established in Lake Travis, we are excited to extend our services to address social isolation in a broader area.
Our mission is to empower communities to work together to eliminate social isolation and the hopelessness it causes. Imagine with us a world where no one navigates life alone.
What Makes Us Different
Unlike ministries that organize a crisis response to a housing emergency, Partners in Hope helps families by working to improve their living conditions, walking with them through a season of life, and empowering them to transform over time. PIH connects families to community support and resources through relationships with volunteers, while offering an avenue for donors to impact their community in a meaningful way. Working together, our network of compassionate Christians is committed to:
- Helping neighbors plug in to their communities
- Connecting them with targeted support and resources
- Building long-term relationships
- Demonstrating Christ’s love
- Praying as God transforms lives in a powerful way
How do we do what we do?
- Enter into year-long agreements with clients who accept our offer to help.
- Establish connections for clients to specific resources and services.
- Create opportunities for clients and volunteers to practice being good neighbors.
- Equip volunteers from varying demographics to serve well together.
- Form unique partnerships with local churches, organizations, and businesses.
- Work with the community to find socially isolated individuals who could use PIH services.
What can you do?
- Experience a workday as an individual or as part of a group.
- Fund the ministry to ensure that PIH continues to be able to respond to the needs of our community.
- Meet known needs by contacting us.
- Serve in the organization by offering your professional skills, talents, and passions.
- Invite others you do life with to join you, since team-building through service benefits your group as well as the community.
- Learn more about relational ministry through one of our volunteer trainings.
Our Core Values
- Christ-Centered (click here to learn more)
We invite you to learn more about our ministry and how your support has made a difference for families dealing with social isolation by reading our Impact Reports!
PROBLEM: SOCIAL ISOLATION
- Destroys lives and leaves people feeling helpless with no support.
- Increases health risks as much as smoking 15 cigarettes per day or abusing alcohol.
- Does twice as much harm to physical and mental health as obesity.
- Elevates the risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer, Alzheimer’s, depression and death. *Source: WebMD, May 2018
SOLUTION: ONGOING CONNECTION
- Forms relationships for lasting, long-term results through multiple “connection points.”
- Transforms disconnected, hopeless people into active community/church members.
- Enables the powerful collaboration of local churches and nonprofit ministries.
- Creates a unique Kingdom Serving Paradigm that changes lives for everyone involved.